Report Abuse

Re: Am Considering in joining RCI (points system)

Thank you (Carols725) !! This information has been very helpful. [Q=carols725] "The biggest problem I have had is yes the RCI inventory list all these timeshares, but if no one from the resort you want puts in their week or points into RCI to exchange for somewhere else, you can not get into that resort. [/Q] This is very troubling to me. That's why if I do join, I want to make sure my home resort is one can use. So it needs to be either the "Club Optima at Bluegreen Odyssey Dells (#7550)" or the "Wyndham Vacation Resorts at Glacier Canyon (#A212)". And I would like the spring break week which is usually week 13, which is around the March 23rd time frame. However, I been reading on some forums at TUG that if I buy the points at resale, the waterpark passes are not included with my membership. The passess are only included if you buy form the developer. If that is true, then it defeats the purposes of joining or selecting these 2 resports as a home resort. So I will need to find a way to verify this. Maybe I'll just call the resorts directly, and ask them. [Q=carols725] "The rci reps are very helpful to give information, but ask lots of questions." [/Q] Most of the comments I read here say the oposite about the RCI Reps. But am glad you had a favorable experience with them. [Q=carols725] "The positive side to it is you do stay at some realy nice places, meet some great people who are timeshare owners too and can share places they have been. You can bring extra people as long as the unit cap is as listed and not pay extra...Most resorts or hotels charge per couple per room. It comes down to how often you travel and how many of you. [/Q] This is one of my main reasons for even considering joining any points system. Although my kids are small now and may not be 'counted' for extra fees at hotels, in a year or two they will. So Instead of paying for 6 people at hotel stays and run the risk of not having the rooms be together, I'll rather buy into timeshare/point system where I can bring 8-10 people for the price of 6. [Q=carols725] "I have both points timeshare and weeks timeshare. The points is much more flexible and cheaper to use." [/Q] So even with all the limitations & fees, you still decided to get into not just one program but two... so you must feel like its worth it for you and your family. Thanks again for you info. -Max.