Report Abuse

Re: Club Navigo is a rip off

Depending on what resort and what week you own, and how your deed reads; you may be able to get someone to take the week over for you. Don't expect to get your original investment back. You basically are giving the week away to get out from under the annual fees. Expect to pay at least part of the cost to transfer the title and contract. This is partly for your protection, in that you want to know for a fact that you are free and the new owner is on the hook for all future payments and fees. I have purchased five weeks at various resorts from owners like you who no longer wanted their weeks. But you have to understand it is a buyers market. You are basically asking them to take over your headache. I never paid more than the annual M&T fees for a week, plus the transfer fee to move the contract to my name at the resort. And if there was no usage left the year I purchased, I only paid $1 for the week, which is the minimum to make a legal sale in the US. I always insisted the seller pay the closing costs, and always used a bonded and insured title company for the paperwork, recording of the new deed and transfer of ownership. The cost to you would be up to $500 to secure a title company and get the transfer completed. Research the company before you sign up with them. Maybe ask on this site if anyone has used them and what there experience was, so you know you will have a good transaction. By using their escrow service, you are assured that you lose the commitment, along with the deed. You would be out from under the obligation, and free of the ongoing expense. Start by listing the week for sale on a site like eBay. Make sure it is viewable in the country where your time share is located, if you don't live there. Give enough details of the week and unit type for a buyer to get interested. And be sure you spell out what you will pay and what they would pay to buy and transfer the unit. If you have usage remaining, you can offer that to the new owner, in exchange for them repaying part or all your fees to you. Just make sure that the contract shows that this usage is to be transferred, and be sure to check with the CN people to make sure what is left and what is needed to transfer the usage. That is what caused me to buy two of the weeks. I paid the fees due this year, and got last years usage along with this years, two weeks for the price of one. And in return, the people I purchased from were free and clear of the annual fees on the units. [Q=jayjay] [Q=ericd152] I have a contract with islandone which I need to cancel as my children are all grown up and I am paying 450 pounds per year which I need to get out of can you help me as islandone won't let me cancel[/Q]