Report Abuse

Re: Has anyone ever been scammed using redweek?

Often at All Inclusive Timeshares there is a fee to "rent the room" which is often very low. This would go to the owner or member of the TS club. The kicker is the Mandatory all inclusive fee that is paid directly to the resort sometimes at check in and sometimes ahead of time. These fees are usually per person/ per night and are often based on double occupancy for studio rooms and 4 for one bedroom, and 6 for 2 bedrooms regardless of if you have less people traveling. You need to ask and research the resort in question. Often renting or exchanging through a TS exchange company into an AI is more expensive than finding package deals including air. Often these timeshare AI resorts end up charging $60-$250 per person per day in addition to the rental fee. So you $140 week may end up costing $2500. It may seem like a scam and it certainly may not be a good deal but it is the way they work. Now if the person you are renting from does not disclose the additional fee at the time you contact to rent then they may be scamming you but all inclusives really require an extra measure of due diligence. [Q=janetz16] I also posted this in the general discussions. I am a newbie to redweek and I am looking to rent an all inclusive. However I have found several places with a very low nightly rate. I am talking in the $20 to $40 or so range a night. How can this be? Is this too good to be true? I see the advise to call the resort to see if the owners are listed. Any other suggestions for a newbie to rent a place. Thanks, Janet[/Q]