Report Abuse

Marriott Vacation Club point system

Terry, When I was at Ocean Pointe one of the DC owners told me to go to Singer Island resort and talk to this woman to explain the points system better. I went over there and of course she wasn't there and met with some guy. He talked out both sides his mouth. I was thinking of splitting my points with my ex so 10k each, he actually tried to talk me into buying 3k more points for 30k more. He said 13k is the right amount so you can cruise etc. I still have an owners week and I asked about maybe converting that over ( figuring I can get the extra points w/o paying more. He said normally there is a conversion fee of $2500 but he would waive it "today" I asked him if he made any money if I was to convert (I knew I wasn't buying and I actually felt bad and thought he could get a couple bucks out of it). He said he wouldn't make commission on conversion of points. Then he spoke about using the points for cruises etc...then I asked him how many points I would get for my owners week, he gave me the amount and said I would have to buy and additional 3k points in order to convert to points. I said " you didn't say that 10min ago" he said "yes I did". That was it! I had it with the "used car sales people"!!! Then as we concluded, he walked me to another office and said someone was coming in to give me survey on him. While sitting at this desk, he makes conversation with some guy sitting across the hall in his office. The guy comes out of his office and of course they are talking about owning points and traveling lalalalall...and this joker is trying to sell me... What the hell! Then this woman comes in and asks if I want to come down next year free to Singer Island and stay any week I want on her inventory, I said "sure". She starts writing numbers on a piece of paper and proceeds to try and tell me if I make payments each month of 1500 x 12 mos or some crap like that, now I have until aug 2014 to decide on if I want the deal this joker tried to sell me, they would put the 18k towards my purchase price and then I would get a free stay next year. Helllllllooooooo!!! Despicable!