Report Abuse

Did you get lied to and it led to you buying a timeshare?

[Q=nicholasc59] I work with a consumer advocacy group that works with timeshare owners. This group is aimed at helping timeshare owners that bought the timeshare because of the timeshare being misrepresented by the sales person, or were not fully explained important information that would effect the buying decision. This group fights the resorts to get the ownership cancelled and many times has gotten back any monies that were paid to the resort. We have a list of common practices where we have been very successful (over 90% success rate). If you feel like you bought the timeshare and found things out after you bought it, and if that would have led you to not buy the timeshare... please shoot me a pm and I will get back to you with the details. Thanks for reading![/Q] Sorry to have to tell you this, but what is said (verbally) in a timeshare presentation (old saying = "if a timeshare salesperson moves their lips, they're lying") will NOT hold up in a court of law (he said, she said etc) .... the only thing that WILL hold up in a court of law is the written contract. If the promises made in a presentation were not part of the written contract then you have no leg to stand on in court. Perhaps it's time you looked for other ways to make a living.