Report Abuse

Re: Diamond Resorts

[Q=robertr558] Charless345, you are all over these forums and you are the chief apologist for Steve Cloobeck and Diamond Resorts. [Q=charless345] [Q=4weeks] I have owned Sunterra since 1998 and am now enjoying the ownership with Diamond as a Silver member. You need to understand the system and maximize your points. My original 1 week has been stretched to 3 weeks now. Buy resale.[/Q] Yes. I am with you on this. I have enjoyed my membership as well.[/Q][/Q] I don't apologize for anyone. However, I read a lot of very uninformed comments from people who signed a contract and did not take the time to understand what they read and then complain and blame everyone else. It's not just for DRI but for other resort systems as well. I call it as I see it. Sometimes DRI is not right in an act or they are looking at their best interests and not that of their membership. When I see that I call that one too. I am objective. I am able to do that. I try to get the maximum out of my timeshare memberships. I do that with both Marriott and DRI. I save lots of money through those memberships. One because I do use them and two because I use them to my advantage. When I stop saving money and the rules have been changed outside of what my signed contract states, then and only then will I complain. One other thing, when I have a problem, I do call customer service and they often are able to resolve my problem and if they are wrong they take care of me. I am not a platinum member but a gold one and no, I do not work for DRI. You are welcome to come to our Facebook DRI members website and see that I don't work for them and read all of my comments. There are people in the system like me who are happy and there are some who are not happy. Isn't it that way for most things people have?