Report Abuse

Re: Diamond Resorts

I don't do Facebook so I will be unable to connect with all your other happy owners. I do know many owners who were with companies taken over by Diamind Resorts International share my displeasure with the company. I certainly understood that maintenance fees would increase, but I expected something along the lines of my other property, which was in tune with the rate of inflation. After Diamond Resorts took over ILX, the fees rose sharply and have continues to rise. They are now double the fees of my other comparable timeshare. I have come to find that raising the fees under threat of ruining your credit if you don't pay is the SOP for DRI. I have asked them to buy it back but they only try to sell me more. I believe the fees pay for much more than maintenance. If they are collecting nearly $50,000 a year for a one bedroom unit to "maintain" it, there should be some very fine furnishings indeed. But I am not finding golden faucets when I visit. DRI has also hijacked my Interval International membership. II will no longer talk to me, even regarding my other property. I have to go through Diamond. I also find that I cannot deposit my Diamond property and have two years to use it, as I can with my other property. That part was not in any agreement I signed. And when I recently received an offer from II for an accommodation certificate if I deposited my (non-DRI) week, and then they did not follow through on the offer, the DRI representative wasted a half hour of my time and did not resolve the issue. She could find no information about the offer I received in the mail and was on the web site. I have to cancel my long standing II membership to get DRI off of it!