Report Abuse

Re: Finally got rid of my timeshare!

[Q=johnb2353] A timeshare is something you own. You have a right to sell it anytime. The problem is that the market right now is flooded with people trying to sell them[/Q] I totally agree! But if the market is flooded with resales right now and some people can't even give their timeshare away, why would the resort pay you for it back? Some people are asking the resorts if they will take the units back. Some resorts are saying "No", while others may accept if the owner pays the resort closing costs and possibly the next year's maintenance fees. So if the resort where you owned is paying you for your unit, then it must have good resale value. Unfortunately, over 90% of the units out there have little or zero resale value. If that is the case, I doubt the resorts are going to pay these owners money for the timeshare unit back. So it's possible that you are recommending an attorney who claims that he or she will actually get the resort to pay an owner for his unit when most resorts are charging to take units back, if they even take them back at all. So where did your unit fit into this equation?