Report Abuse

Re: Finally got rid of my timeshare!

I, too, had a rough time getting out of a timeshare contract, and like you, found a lawyer to 'do the deal' (not cheap). That was 11 years ago and I learned my lesson. As far as the posts from donp196 , he's got his mind made up that he's right. Rest easy in the thought that the more he calls "SCAMMER", the less credibility he has. For others out there, GET EVERYTHING IN WRITING and two legible signatures from the selling entity. If they won't, walk away. [Q=johnb2353] The money is for recording fees. The transaction is not a scam. The timeshare is no longer mine. I am not being billed for maintenance fees any longer. This was a legal transaction. I have nothing more to say. [Q=donp196] [Q=johnb2353] There is no need to prove fraud. My attorney negotiated a buy-back. I have the recorded deed transfer paperwork, and received a check from the timeshare for the sales price we agreed upon. The deal is done and I do not any longer own the timeshare. The final proof is that the annual maintenance fees were not charged to my credit card in September.[/Q] There is no money given to the owner in a deed back. This is an out right SCAM !!!!![/Q][/Q]