Report Abuse

Re: Aruba - Christmas & New Year

Ilene Like you, we have gone to Aruba ever since my oldest was born 24 years ago. She and my 20 year old son consider it their home away from home. Interesting list of restaurants, some of which we've never tried! Thanks for that list. Rich [Q=ilene13] Hi Marilyn, Economy car rental is good. Go on line--go to visitaruba.com. Order their card. It is $12.95 US It will give you discounts on restaurants and cars. We make ALL our dinner reservations by Oct 15th. We do not celebrate Christmas so we just go wherever for dinner. I know the resort has large buffet dinners. The entire Island(country) has fireworks on New Years. A good place to go would be the lighthouse. The food is okay but it is the best place on the island to see the fireworks. The way the resort is built most of the villas have waterviews. There are NO parking lot views. We've never eaten at Simply Fish. We eat all lunches at the resort restaurants so by dinner time we are sick of the "Marriott" food. Also, places like Madame Janette, Screaming Eagle and Flying fishbones are so exceptional that I just don't need to eat on the same beach I'm sitting on all day. Yes, we are in the US. We live in a suburb of Buffalo, NY. My husband is a physician and I'm a high school assistant principal. We have 2 sons--one married and one single. The boys grew up going to Aruba. Our younger (single) son will be with us this year. He is an attorney. Why don't we stay in touch. Email me at igelber@verizon.net[/Q]