Report Abuse

Re: Construction at the Hyatt next door

That is what I was thinking that maybe they were working on the inside. Trucks were going in and out but I only saw about 10 workers outside--we had the end unit poolside closest to the parking garage so we could see the Hyatt from the entryway and would have heard noise in the morning if there was any. In February they told me I wouldn't hear anything in August as the outside work would be done, but when I called in July the main desk said she could hear the noise there and that is when she said everyone just hangs out at the main pool. Obviously there is a lot of work that will need to be done inside so hopefully they will spend the next few months inside. A lot of work remains to be done outside the façade, pool, landscaping so hopefully they will do that in Nov/December and you will enjoy a peaceful trip too. Originally they said they stop work at 4:00 so if you do things during the day that will help too. Best of luck with the noise I was worried for months--we are from Chicago and won't be back any time soon so waking up at 7:00 a.m. to trucks and noise would not have been good at all. If there is any way you could switch even one of your weeks to poolside, I would try to do that. Hope the quiet work continues!