Report Abuse

Re: Club Navigo is a rip off

I've only had a problem with Club Navigo since they were taken over by Diamond Resorts, which has to number amongst one of the worst companies I've ever had the misfortune to deal with. We have 3 weeks of timeshare with Club Navigo at the Charter Club in Naples. One of those weeks is points-based/ flexible (I still don't understand the difference) and the points are deposited with Interval International. For one week of Club Navigo timeshare, I get 2 weeks through II - in a 2-bed apartment, not just a studio or something. I did have a problem early on when trying to swap the week through CN for a different Island One resort which wasn't specifically a Club Navigo resort - we were told when we bought it we could swap for Utah (Island One), which is what originally attracted us because we could use it for skiing. However, turns out you can only swap for other Club Navigo resorts unless you do it through II. Someone has mentioned not being able to sell. I don't think this is correct. There is an owners portal where timeshare weeks can be advertised for sale and it's perfectly possible to add them for sale on sites such as Red Week. There isn't an issue as far as I can make out at the moment - although this may change if anyone does decide they want to buy a week! Also, there are weeks advertised for sale simply on the notice board in the clubhouse. As far as I can tell you just need a Quit Claim Deed forwarding to Diamond Resorts with the change of ownership details. Having said that, another owner I spoke to in November had had extraordinary hassle - from Diamond Resorts - after she'd sold a week, given them all the info for the new owners, had an acknowledgement back and then got hammered with this year's maintenance fees!