Report Abuse

Jan 2015 experience at Westagate Smoky Mtn Resort

I have owned a 2 bedroom lockout on building 1000 for about 10 years. I use it every other year so pay maint. fees every other year. In the time I've owned it, the maint. fees have gone from about 400 bucks to 855 bucks this past year. I've been happy with the quality of the place, but always have hated the sales pitch offered... which I always turn down. This past week I had a nice week (January is slow time in Gatlinburg with no crowds but stores are open).. but this time I said YES to the sales pitch. I regretted this the next day and learned I have 10 days to rescind my so I wrote letters and gave them to the financial mgr, sales mrg, and mailed copies to headquarters. I hope I will not have too much hassle doing this. But now I have become angry because they took several hours of MY vacation time and talked me into something I really did not want. I had to spend MORE of my vacation time to learn how to rescind this and get out of further entrapment. For this reason alone I do not want to have a timeshare any more with them. I am selling mine this year.