Report Abuse

Re: Wyndham Is breaking my financial back`

Hello, I read some of these posts and can relate wholeheartedly. I hope that the info. I share here will help at least one person out there from making the same mistakes I did. Very briefly, my husband and I purchased a "vacation ownership" in 2003 when Wyndham was called Fairfield Resorts. The maintenance fees kept increasing but the value and benefit and the measly 52,000 points/year we purchased only decreased over time. We were young, dumb and naive. We quickly paid off the loan because of the high interest rate and we later paid 2 separate timeshare companies to help us get rid of it. We lost thousands of dollars and faith in mankind. The bottom line is, NEVER pay any company to sell your timeshare for you, they are worthless, plain and simple. Go on Ebay.com and see for yourself. I recommend that if you still owe money on your timeshare, either listen to others to figure out how to maximize what you bought or do what you can to pay off your loan quickly, use your tax refund if you have to! Or pay someone who can actually benefit from it by paying a title company to transfer ownership. Anyway, last year, we got so fed up that we called their customer service line and asked if they would take the contract back. Lo and behold, they actually said yes!! Guess this is the "deed back" process others reference here. I thought my husband was pulling my leg, but I swear to everything I own, a few weeks later, in September 2014, we received a letter from Wyndham with instructions on what to do to transfer ownership back to Wyndham. (Basically, just get some pages notarized, other than that, I did not have to pay any fees to do this) I sent it back on October 7th and never received another maintenance bill since then. I called today (March 13th, 2015) and spoke to a rep in their title ownership department and she confirmed that we indeed, no longer own our contract and therefore, will never have to pay another maintenance fee ever again! Time to celebrate! If you want to contact me, I am a REAL person, please reply to this topic. I will tell anyone who will listen, to do what we did and get rid of their timeshare once and for all. Thank you for reading my story.