Report Abuse

Interval International E-Plus Retrade Ripoff

Not true, I traded UP.twice this year I reserved a 1 bedroom suite and 3 weeks later a changed to a 2 bedroom suite in the same resort No extra fee -Plus Retrade Transaction Date Fri, November 07, 2014 Marriott's Ocean Pointe MPB Unit: (2 bedrooms) Check-in / Check-out Sat, June 10, 2015 Sat, June 17, 2015 Originating Exchange Transaction Date Mon, October 13, 2014 Marriott's Ocean Pointe MPB Unit: (1 bedrooms) Check-in / Check-out Thu, June 8, 2015 Thu, June 15, 2015 [Q=robertr558] This is a very deceptive offer. Beware the offer when you make an Interval International exchange to "Change your destination, resort, unit size, or travel dates up to three times for a low, one time fee. Purchase E-Plus within five days of confirmation and increase your flexibility." The cost is $49. Click that Purchase button and no additional terms and conditions are made available. They only want your credit card information. Here is the trouble with this deal: You can only trade down on the unit size. If your original unit was more trading power than the one you exchanged into, you have lost that additional trading power. I traded from a 1 BR to an efficiency and thought this deal would let me get a 1 BR unit if one came available. But I am stuck at the smaller unit's trading power. This is useless. BTW, you have to manually search, there is no way to request. It is also non-refundable. There offer is misleading and they do not fully disclose the terms. Very disappointing, II. I only found this by doing a search using another deposit I had, and then searching for the same using the E-Plus feature. The unit did not appear! People don't even know that they have been downsized.[/Q]