Report Abuse

5 Stars Vacation Rentals

Toneyap75 This happened a year ago and I still have nightmares about it and how I exposed so many people to her. A week after my ordeal Angela also had the audacity to post on her FB page: "Taking a long weekend after the last week. Holy crap never had an experience with such rude and psychotic tenets in my life! Wow." We weren't rude or psychotic. Some of my group Angela had taken money from for a condo in Daytona were sleeping in their cars because they had no place to go .I am so happy you got your money back. Unfortunately, I lost my $1400.00 and when I contacted a lawyer about it, I found I would have to take her to court in South Carolina. That would cost me more than the $1400.00 I lost. I am a firm believer in Karma and I am happy to know that Angela Raphael is being investigated and hopefully put out of business soon. Her boyfriend (at least last year at this time) works at the Wyndham Resorts headquarters and I hope he is not involved in her scams as well. [Q=tonyap75] Yes as many others have I paid a deposit in January for a Spring break trip for my family and when I went to pay the balance via PayPal I sent a email to Angela asking for a confirmation and she responded the condo would supply me with the when I arrived. Fortunately I have rented from another respectful, honest owner and I knew that was a red flag because I always had confirmation paperwork etc to check in. So I contacted the resort and by my surprise the manager immediately told me that Angela had took reservations for a newly wed couple online and the couple had showed up and had no reservations. The manager said do not give her another dime. I then contacted Angela and she would not respond until I had her PayPal funds frozen and opened a dispute of fraud and for a refund. She then messaged me to give her a break that her grandmother had died conveniently that morning and unlike me she had kids and a family to tend to. She is being investigated by the authorities now and I will be notified when she is obtained. Fortunately I got my money back but I feel bad for people who have not. BEWARE of this woman[/Q]