Report Abuse

Re: Has anyone ever been scammed using redweek?

Ken, This is a listing site. Probably one of the best but there are a lot of timeshares that have zero resale value or even negative value. There are also a lot of overpriced listings. Personally I think it works best for high season big name timeshares like Marriott, etc and isn't so effective for smaller independent timeshares. Even with membership fees and elected extras a typical listing with membership fee is still under $100. Compare this to various other sites that charge in the $500-$800 upfront for listings where the dedicated sales teams spends there time calling owners trying to use high pressure tactics to get you to list at inflated prices. Many of those sites claim a money back guarantee but guess what, if you try get a refund, they simply stop responding and when they start to get hounded they shut down and open with a new name. If you want a free site to list Craigslist is also fairly effective but you may have to wade through scammers or you may still get no responses. Last year I rented about 20 reservations including a bunch of short summer rentals from a points based membership. I had about 3 listings on Redweek last year. Two resulted in rentals and the third did not.