Report Abuse

ILG/Vistana Westin Nanea Time Share Nightmare. Stay away from this dirty corporation!

[Q=amym969] Alisag17, Would you mind elaborating on what the sales team told you that later turned out to be false? I am interested in buying at The Westin Kaanapali Villas on the resale market (not Nanea, but close), and would very much appreciate any more that you can share on the difference between what they advertise and the reality of the product. Thanks, Amy[/Q] HI Amy, Please don't do it. You don't need to buy a timeshare. It is better to rent a week from T/S owners renting out on Redweek or get an AirBnB. If you want pool access, you can just crash it. We swam with locals using the Westin Kaanapali pool and it was no big deal. Trust me, it's not a gift you would want to pass down either because maintenance fees are always climbing. I will be back later tonight after work and write out all things that were said to us to get us to sign and the reality after. The below are just a few the sales rep Hinky told us with a straight and convincing face. (I can't believe we believed every bit!! I'm so pissed) Have you ever watch the horror movie It Follows? The maintenance fees would be the monster that follows you for life. 1. Sales team was very adamant and firm, the 1 BD/1 Bath has value and worth $70K+. We were getting a deal.. -We find out Its not worth a damn thing and the day of the our Update Meeting, it was only $31K per another Sales Manager 2. They said it was hands down a great investment. Sales team told us, "You will make money, don't be afraid if you can't make payments. This will be another source of income. I have many clients that have multiple units and rent out. My clients have retired early!" -We find out many owners are renting out to help pay their maintenance fees, or just renting out for the sake of renting it out to recoup loss. 3. We were told we can convert Star Options to Star Points to travel anywhere in the world. -We found out in the Update Meeting we had in June 2017, we needed to be level 3-5 Elite members to convert Star Options to Star Points The only way to be an Elite member was to buy another 1/1 bathroom for another 31K. Believe me, the sales team tried to tag team to get us to buy another one. My husband and I were upset that we wanted to get up and just walk out. This time it was annoying and disgusting how we were thrown different sales pitches in different disguises...Anyhow, we have to come back to Maui every other year. For us we would probably rent out our unit on those years because we do not want to go back to Maui. Seriously, how many times can you see a blow hole or do the whole Road to Hana thing without going nuts?! 4. Sales team told us should we have any issues or hard times, the developer/resort would buy back our Time Share. Before we signed we even confirmed with the sales rep told her we were only signing on this condition. She said, "Yes, we will always buy back. Our properties are in demand and we completely sold out." -Currently, I've reached out to Portfolio services, Home Owner Services, the HOA, and there is no such thing and NO one is interested in buying this Nanea timeshare unless its free. To this day they are still selling Nanea time shares. It is NOT sold out. 5. The pool was suppose to be "Massive"... -The pool is a joke. There's only 1 on the entire property and it's about 1,000 sq feet big in the shape of a lagoon. It's like Holiday Inn status size. 30 people in it make you want to get out because you want "American Space". In our update meeting a new sales rep was trying to rage how big it was. She didn't know we walked over there to check it out the day before. We pointed out that it was small and disappointing as we were told it was going to be the biggest pool on that side of Maui. She paused for 10 seconds and tried to make a come back that it wasn't finished yet (Yeah, whatever.) 6. On the presentation day we were taken to build 2 and was shown this awesome room that had half resort/half beach view. The price we were paying was for "this" view therefore it's why we had to pay a little more per Hinky. -Find out on the update meeting, we have no view and could be facing a parking lot. Chances are slim and most likely facing some parking lot or another building as there is only 8 buildings. According to the construction plan Building 2-4 do not have 1 bd/1 bath and Buildings 4-8 have only about 10 units each that are 1 bd/1 bath. Building 1 has 3 units that are 1/1 ( Most likely its for Sales presentations). All other rooms are 2/2 or 3/2...So there is about 30+ 2/2 that out number 1/1 per building..We counted about 45-50 rooms that are 1 bd/bath out of a 390 room location. Trying to reserve a 1/1 will be tough since there is very little and Nanea rents out non owners as well... 7. They told us we can easily get this refinanced with a credit union or any bank. -No bank or any credit union will touch this because a timeshare is NOT real property. The list goes on...I wish I could attach some marketing material that is very deceptive. Marketing materials per FTC should be clear and conspicuous. Its obvious the material is only for gaining sales. I attached them on a TUG post. We would have never have purchased this timeshare if we known the truth. http://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?threads/need-help-gething-out-of-timeshare.258166/#post-2026737