Report Abuse

Timeshares on credit report?

YES if you default it will show on your report. BEEN THERE DONE THAT. Family trust bought a second timeshare to accommodate more adult kids in blended marriage, after divorce no one wanted it so we let it go back. Being reported as a PERSONAL forclosure on my credit and they refuse to recognize it was owned by an entity and not the "trustee" of the entity. Better off to rent a week where you want to go unless you want the points for hotels which was a great feature, except it's only every other year you can do that and occasionally there isn't a hotel where you are going... [Q=lancec13] [Q=heatherh234] I have pulled my credit report a few times in the last month, and my timeshare payments is nowhere on it. When I purchased it, they told me I would be gaining equity and all the benefits of purchasing a timeshare. Does anyone know why this wouldn't be on my credit report? Is anyone's timeshare on their credit report? Thanks![/Q] Unfortunately, the salesperson will tell you anything to get you to buy. You gain no equity. If you bought your TS from the developer, it is probably worth anywhere from0-15% of the original purchase price. As for the credit report, the only thing you might have to worry about is if you don't pay your maintenance fees or mortgage, they'll maybe report you and it will likely affect your credit rating.[/Q]