Report Abuse

Re: madison south timeshares

[Q=clarencep8] Contacted me last week with offer to good to be true. Responded that will have my attorney review the offer & and to research the company. Do not expect to get an additional response. Leery of companies that contact me out of the blue. Intend to report company to the BBB in Jackson, TN[/Q] You can report them to the BBB in TN if you want but just remember a couple of things. 1) They haven't actually taken any money from you yet so there might not be a need for a complaint. 2) They might not even belong to the BBB. If they don't, then filing a complaint is useless. 3) The scam company might not even be located in TN. A lot of these scam operations are located in Mexico where the timeshares are located. A lot of these scam companies give their victims fake addresses. 4) Even if they do belong to the BBB, are located in TN, and have taken money from you, reporting them to the BBB is useless (other than allowing you to vent). The BBB has no authority or power to stop these thieves or to get you your money back. All that will happen is that he scam company will get a bad rating with the BBB so that others can see. Unfortunately, bad grades with the BBB does little to stop others from becoming victims of these scams. But at least you were smart enough to realize that the offer was too good to be true and then not rushed into anything before thinking and doing some research.