Report Abuse

Re: ILG/Vistana Westin Nanea Time Share Cancellation

Also remember the name Michael Jackson in the Sheraton at Kauai, selling vistana. Crook, lied all over the place to get my ticket buy. I bought in March this year, can't even stay until next year 2018. But that already charged me for 2 years maintainane fees... Told me they were selling fast and if I decided not to keep it I could sell it easily. LIE!!!! DO NOT BUT AT THE RESORT [Q=alisag17] Hey Lance, Thanks for taking the time to reply. We bought back in September of 2015 and just had a first chance to use it this year a month ago. We already decided we were not going back ever. We're pretty disgusted with their sales tactics. They even had the nerve to send in a 3rd sales person that told us he was only there to only take a survey and NOT sell anything, but was still trying to sell us 1 week at $2500.00 to get us to come back to Maui because we said loud and clear that we never want to come back. We have mortgage and pay that on time, but maintenance fee we stopped. Its not obligatory and until I can get someone to talk to work it out, then maybe I'll pay what we owe but until then...Not getting it out of me because we're not going back. My hubby and I actually saw a lawyer two days ago. We agree at this point, its better for us not to get a lawyer. All this lawyer was going to do was going to park our timeshare with someone else. Which was weird though because as I asked more questions and asked to get some things in writing, this law firm refused to clarify the retainer in writing for the sake of 100% transparency. There was some honesty in our meeting and advised if we value our credit history then this route was not for us. All I want is a fair outcome and chance to talk to the HOA, not an admin assistant or customer service rep but a person that really could make a difference to help work it out and get meaningful results. I am not asking for a refund or even trying to get any money we paid the past 2 years back. Even trying to get a point of contact from Vistana is the worse. You'll get directed to HOA but HOA only directs you to ARDA. What the hell is ARDA going to do. When I do get directed to HOA, the person on the other end doesnt have a clue and really cant help. I want names, and addresses where I can write letters. If not I'll start uploading You Tube videos and upload all my phone conversations of how Vistana really treats their people and give BS answers. I'm going to make noise and a lot of noise. Thank goodness, I am an avid social media user, and have the necessary skills to create effective powerful media videos and release them on all forms from Twitter, Snap Chat, Tumbler, Reddit, etc and ask my generation to please share and continue to hashtag. Hopefully the younger generation will catch on and stay away from these creeps and stick with AirBNB. Whoever is reading...Remember these names: Hinky, Tim, and Phil at Westin Maui Kaanapali/Nanea sales team . Please throw a can of soda at them. These guys will send you to your grave. Say NO, to the update meeting, Say NO to every meeting. If they try to tell you, you wont be welcomed back to Westin ever, like they did us, say "Cool, ok" and walk straight to the beach to enjoy your day. Forget the $100.00 dinner certificate, because you don't need it.[/Q]