Report Abuse

Diamond Resorts International

I've been searching/reading about DRI here and all I'm seeing are these lawsuits against them with people trying to get out. I understand that they are in the resort acquisition business and from what I can tell, these are people who were part invested in resorts that have gotten taken over by DRI. So as a newbie to time shares... I'm aware of the general pros/cons of time shares. Let me share my recent experience with DRI.. I understand I would be buying "points" and once that amount is paid off, I have them for life with annual maintenance fee as long as I keep paying annually, I'm good. 370+ resort locations, not bad... I'm looking at 7500 points. It's about all I want to pay/use each year since I am not retired and have a fixed amount of annual vacation hours. Annual maintenance fee... isn't bad at all. Everything looks ok from my end... but I'm seeing a lot of negative posts mainly by people who have been part of resorts that DRI acquired. What about current DRI owners who aren't part of that mess... how has your experience been so far? Would you recommend them? If not, who would you recommend? I just wanna know what I might be getting myself into. Any sound/non-biased advice about DRI is appreciated...