Report Abuse

Re: Effect of Timeshare Relief Team, Timeshare Exit Team, etc. advertising on the for-sale-by-owner resale market

I wouldn't necessarily say that so-called relief or rescue outfits have had a negative effect on efforts by owners to sell. The market has. There appear to be far more units available than there is demand or request for them. These relief companies just see a market for many timeshare owners who want to get rid of their units but can't because there is just not the demand and are simply taking advantage of a business opportunity. And I don't think that "those ads help poison the sales process for developers in what my wife and I have come to refer to as their Dreaded Sales Centers." Those sales presentations do that to themselves. From your post and rant, I am guessing that you paid thousands of dollars for your unit(s) and are now trying to sell it/them but realize that you will not get in return anywhere near what you paid. I could be wrong but that's what I'm interpreting in your rant.