Report Abuse

Effect of Timeshare Relief Team, Timeshare Exit Team, etc. advertising on the for-sale-by-owner resale market

ken1193 wrote: I personally don't believe that the nationwide bombardment of Timeshare Exit Team ads impacts developer sales, so it's hard to see why developers would "fight back" against an entity not hurting their own bottom line at all. On the other hand, it's hard to know how much impact the "escape artist" advertising has on the secondary (resale) market. I am inclined to believe that it's "not much". ===== We'll never know whether or not traffic to the Dreaded Sales Center and -- often worse -- The Update -- is up or down and, if down, because of GetOutOfYourTimeShareNow advertising. But advertising works, and that includes negative advertising. During our twenty years of timeshare ownership we've weathered more than our share of timeshare jokes and withering sneers: "You own timeshares?!" So I'm just suggesting that the GetOutOfYourTimeShareNow advertising might be reinforcing the generally bad image of timeshares, thereby taking a fresh and increased toll on demand for resales.