Report Abuse

HGVC - Is my understanding correct?

[Q=robg22] Anything you can share with me regarding HGVC, things to watch out for?[/Q] Your observations and understandings are largely correct and spot on. However, in regard to item 2), it is worthy of note that some resorts and systems (e.g. Wyndham's "Ovation" program) currently offer a simple and easy exit ramp from ownership via "deedback", but deedback acceptance is still an exception to the rule. Acquisition of timeshare ownership is always easier than parting with the ownership later. Btw, I don't care at all for Wyndham, so I'm not certainly "peddling" their brand, merely citing a specific "deedback" option example. HGVC is a good system. I don't personally own within HGVC (we now prefer to own and use deeded fixed weeks in specific locations), but I certainly know satisfied people who own within HGVC. The only complaints I ever seem to hear is that HGVC is reportedly a bit behind the curve in keeping their computer / reservation system functionality "up to speed", but that minor complaint is certainly not a show stopper. One cautionary observation about points, no matter whose system or points are involved. Ignore the marketing buzz words like VIP, platinum, gold, etc. It is much more important to understand and acknowledge that SPACE AVAILABILITY ALWAYS RULES ALL. No matter how many points you may have, there must obviously be availability where (and when) you want to visit in order to utilize those points. In the timeshare world, regardless of the system or "chain", there are NO guarantees of space availability except by owning specific deeded fixed unit / weeks. Points certainly offer much more flexibility and options, but also require more advance planning in order to get where you want to go, when you want to go there. Good on 'ya for doing your homework in advance. Far too may people "buy now, think later". I tip my cap to you for spending the time and exerting the effort to become an informed consumer BEFORE "buying in" to ANY timeshare product or system. Good luck!