Report Abuse

Re: HGVC - Is my understanding correct?

[Q=robg22] Unfortunately the deal I excited to find on eBay - is a scam. Some Google searches shows the seller has been around for years scamming under different names. There is mention of it on several timeshare sites. They accept the fees and auction amount (usually they sell at $1 but sometimes some of their listings go for a few thousand). Insist the funds are paid by American Express (no other cards for some reason), bank wire, check or cashiers check. They thing string the buyer along for long enough that they can't leave negative feedback. I'll keep my eye out on eBay and if a deal ever comes up, that is not being marketed by a scam operator ( why can't eBay shut these guys down ?!?! ) I'll take a chance.[/Q] Virtually all resale timeshare transactions (including smooth and legitimate transactions and closings) take longer to complete from start to finish than the time period which eBay allows for providing negative feedback. This has long been a concern and complaint from people (among whom I will never be numbered) who choose to get involved with eBay timeshare listings. Personally, I would never even consider conducting resale timeshare business involving eBay listings. There are just too many incomplete and / or factually inaccurate listings, too many shady and / or careless resellers and too many "very closely affiliated" transfer entities of questionable honesty and dubious competence there for my liking. YMMV. I suggest monitoring listings on RedWeek.com and Timeshare Users Group (http://www.tug2.net). Both sites are good at discovering (and promptly booting) scammers --- unlike eBay and / or Craigslist. If you limit your search to eBay in search of a $1 timeshare worth even owning at all, you will spend a lot of time attempting to verify listing facts and details and dealing with assorted careless resellers and /or scammers, often never actually obtaining the facts or answers or clarifications you seek. It's your prerogative to look only at "the bottom of the barrel" for resale timeshare listings. but keep in mind that in many instances "you get what you pay for". Be smart and be cautious. Good luck!