Report Abuse

Selling a timeshare on RedWeek...

[Q=marilynl122] Again thanks to all who provided insight about this organization and their experience using Red Week.[/Q] One final thought, for whatever it may be worth.... There are several different options if placing a "for sale" listing on RedWeek, each one having different costs. Speaking only for myself, although I endorse (and I use) RedWeek as an advertising site, I do not need or want to use (or pay for) RedWeek's "full service" option. The small additional cost ($14.95?) to have your RedWeek ad "verified" is worthwhile. That "verified" status simply means that RedWeek has independently confirmed (directly with the resort, after you provide RedWeek with a deed copy) that you are the actual owner of the unit / week advertised for sale. Aside from paying for that "RedWeek verified" status, my personal view is that I can surely answer any and all questions about the resort / week / unit I'm advertising on RedWeek more quickly and more accurately and in far more detail than some broker who has never actually set foot on the property at all and therefore probably knows NOTHING about the resort or the area. On the other hand, if you want a "completely hands off" level of involvement in trying to sell your timeshare, the "full service" option might be attractive to you, despite its' additional costs. To each their own.