Report Abuse

What is TUG and is it helpful?

TUG is an acronym for Timeshare Users Group, a independent web site with no hidden or commercial agenda and, in my personal opinion, the most knowledgeable people anywhere on Planet Earth when it comes to timeshare matters. See https://www.tug2.net if you are interested in checking out the site for yourself. TUG has been around for about 25 years, currently has over 88,000 people registered, and has many different topic-specific discussion forums. Collectively, information posted there literally represents [b]centuries[/b] worth of timeshare knowledge and experience. Differing points of view get expressed on TUG, but the discussions are generally among very well informed people and are conducted in a civilized manner. I've been a paying member of both TUG and RedWeek for over a decade now. In my opinion, RedWeek is a much better site for finding or posting timeshare rentals and resales, TUG is a far better site for [b]well informed, knowledgeable[/b] forum content. That said, some very experienced people on TUG do not "suffer fools gladly", so posters sometimes resent getting immediately "called out" when they post bogus, inaccurate or self-promoting material on TUG. Shills are "run off" [b]both[/b] RedWeek and TUG quite effectively and any "peddling" of commercial services (whether legitimate or not) is strictly prohibited within the discussion forums of [b]both[/b] sites. Personal preference is an individual prerogative. How anyone could possibly have a "beef" of [b]any[/b] kind with either TUG [b]or[/b] RedWeek escapes me completely since, on both sites, participation is voluntary --- people can simply ignore anything they don't agree with or in which they are not interested. To me, TUG is an encyclopedia of complete and current knowledge, information and experience on any and all aspects of timeshares. To me, RedWeek is the best site anywhere for finding and / or posting timeshare rentals or resales. In short, the two sites are (in my personal opinion) quite different from one another and each site has its' own individual strengths and weaknesses. There is really no good or valid reason to "bad mouth" either site.