Report Abuse

Re: Is TUG Helpful?

[Q=sandyd192]No, I used to read it sometimes...It made me think maybe timeshares weren't a good investment because people would argue over whether it was or not. They did a lot of math calculations and then argued about it. Even though their name implied they were supporting timeshares, I didn't get the idea they liked timeshares.[/Q] Timeshares are not a good financial investment for flipping like most real estate. For many owners, owning timeshares is an investment in accommodations while on vacation. And if you read through some of the threads, you will see there are many happy owners who love their timeshare(s). But as many people (especially on TUG) will say, timeshare ownership is not for everyone. For different people's circumstances, preferences, needs, and financial situations, ownership can be great. For others, it's a nightmare. TUG is also very helpful for people who know little about timeshares, to avoid the many financial traps and scams out there aimed at timeshare owners and would-be owners.