Report Abuse

Re: Cancelling within 10 days

Hello, My husband and I have been owner since feb. 2017. We purchased a 1 bedroom for Westgate lakes in Orlando, Florida every other year while in Las Vegas on vacation. While on vacation April 13 - 20th this year we were offer to upgrade to 3 bedroom. We were told the 1 bed room they sold us last year was not available so they wanted to offer us to purchase the rest of the unit they sold us which would be a three bedroom. So I guess they sold us inventory they didn't have available. The sales person did not explain to us clearly what the problem was with the 1 bedroom she kept saying she would explain it later but never did. She just began to convince us that the 3 bedroom was a good deal and how we could make money off the unit to pay our new $300 monthly payment and $1275 maintenance fees. We are going to rescind the contract at this point because we feel we were not given a good deal and was mislead on what was going on with our current 1 bedroom unit which we were comfortable with making the 153.00 payments on. My question is what will happen to our 1 bedroom if we rescind the contract at this point? We don't know if they owe us anything for the 1 bedroom since we own it or did we just give up our rights to it by signing the quit claim deed during the upgrade. We really don't care that much if we loose the 1 bedroom we just want our equity and down payment from this current deal. At this point we just want out because we feel they were deceptive and did not give us all the information to make a fair decision on whether to keep the unit we had or not. Thanks, Lydia