Report Abuse

Re: Diamond Resorts enormously increases the cost of Maintenance/Reserves on their resorts.

[Q=charlieb85] Exactly, so glad to hear someone who has actually researched and understands this! When out of network quite frankly just like a hotel they can really charge u whatever they choose[/Q] I have written similar comments about personal accountability on this site and it falls on deaf ears. I’ve even gone so far as to point out that there is at least a 7 day rescission period that they could review the paperwork or have a lawyer review and then make their decision. Some people here are bitter because they did not realize that there was some planning needed on their part, or they did not realize what they were getting themselves into. Bottom line, there are definitely some benefits to ownership. Is it perfect, no. None of them are perfect, but you can benefit from them and at times save quite a bit of money. I’ll be in Hawaii next month for a whole month. I’ll not be spending any more than the equivalent of $95 per day in two bedroom accommodations due to my vacation ownerships. My family benefits and so does my pocketbook. Many people will wallow in ignorance and laziness. Thus, you here nothing but complaining from them. That’s fine with me, that’s just more availability for me to take my vacations.