Report Abuse

Re: A fee just to look on Red Week decreases the number of potential renters

There is no fee "just to look". Personally, I [b]support[/b] requiring paid membership of anyone who wants to respond to ads. It helps advertisers to repel scammers, spammers and insincere tire kickers, all of whom are just a waste of time. In my experience, there are still [b]plenty[/b] of interested (and sincere) renters entirely willing to pay the RedWeek membership fee to respond to ads. I have never failed to promptly get a renter whenever I've advertised on RedWeek. Frankly, I cannot even comprehend someone being willing to pay $1,000 or $2,000 for a rental, but not $19 for a full year of direct access to rental advertisers. In my opinion, that is just “penny wise and pound foolish”, but to each their own choice. You can of course choose to limit yourself to sites like Craigslist and eBay for free, but "free" comes with exposure to plenty of scammers and spammers and, more important, you may or may not even find rentals there comparable to offerings on RedWeek. It's your decision and your prerogative to "shop" wherever you wish, but “free” has its’ own costs of a different sort.