Report Abuse

Re: Has anyone had dealing with ARC American Resort Collection?

[Q=suew336] We just got off a conference call with ARC and more confused than ever. It sounds like they want us to give up our deeded week and also pay over 6500.00 to join 365. So my question to JOHN is what did you do with your TS at Americano?[/Q] Hello, we are going thru the same dilemma with the Americano Beach Resort. We have owned since 1993, one of the first owners. We hardly have used the resort, 5 times but have maintained the fees. We have not paid the additional assessment fee of $1,087, which I have read is for paying for a Phase I Opening, but it is still not open. We would like to get out of this Timeshare Mess, but the 4 options given us do not allow us to completely rid ourselves of a Timeshare. I do not want to transfer to another one of their timehare sites, as I live in Mexico and do not want to purchase anything I have not seen and cant make the trip to do so. The Americano Hotel in conjunction with Arc/RCI? states they are trying to keep as many of the owners as possible, but in the research I have been doing it appears to me Arc is trying to hustle the Americano Owners out of their timeshares so they can remarket and sale them again. and obligate owners to pay heavy fees in order to get out of the timeshare.. We own the Atlantic, 1 bedroom. The Arc representative on the conference call told me that most of the owners were taking the #4 option, rid themselves o f the Tiimeshare and purchase into their Arc 360 Freedom Club. They told me the fee was $15,000 and they would give me a credit of $7000 for my Timeshare leaving a $6000 payment to them for joining the club. Then I would pay $299 a year to use the club. I am wondering where the $15,000 fee is coming from and if all people joining the club pay this astronomical fee. As far I as know the fee to join the club is $299 a year and they are trying to charge us $15,000 to join. It is against the federal law to raise prices or take advantage of National Disasters. The ARC proposal certainly seems to be within those perimeters and I think there should be intervention by the Board of Directors. I want to contact Randall Thomas, Vice President, to answer many of my questions. I want to talk to an owner and not anyone affiliated with Arc. to give me facts and not trying to rob me. From what I have read, the President, Scott? is chosen by Arc, so his position and decisions are probably biased towards ARC. I contacted Alice Grace, in charge, and told her I wanted to contact someone on the Board of Directors that was an owner. She politely told me the Board had given Arc and her authority to deal with the Owners. I am going to try one more time to get a contact number for Randall Thomas, Vice President and Owner. I realize this is a lengthy response, but I think the Owners that are dealing with ARC and the Americano Timeshare need more information before being robbed out of their Timeshare and paying out more money on top of it. This is December 12 and I must decide what to do by the end of December. I would appreciate some input if you are having the same problem. Thank You for reading my response and any input. Ida Gallardo