Report Abuse

Re: how long it takes to actually sell a timeshare?

[Q=rogerk138] Hi I am interested in selling my Wyndham Waikiki Beach Walk Timeshare. It is a points system resort, with 168,000 points every two years. I researched “what’s my timeshare worth” at Redweek. Unfortunately there are no current listings and the historical has only 1 sale for $21,000 . Any suggestions on what current market value may be? Also prospects for selling the unit in the near future? Thanks[/Q] The easy way to find the RANGE of prices on any particular timeshare is to look at what the ASKING prices are for it on eBay.com, Redweek.com, tstoday.com, myresortnetwork.com, and tug2.net. You'll have to do your own research on your own particular timeshare. You might also check with licensed real estate timeshare resellers. But your timeshare may be worthless -- sorry to say -- in which case you should consider using Wyndham's Ovation program. There is a long, long Forum about Wyndham's Ovation here on Redweek which you should consult. Long and short of it is that Wyndham might have interest in taking your timeshare back at no cost to you. That means you get nothing for it, but you're done with it. I urge you to read the Ovation forum here on Redweek. This link should take you there: https://www.redweek.com/forums/messages?thread_id=20770&message_id=83245&query=Wyndham%20Ovation%20Program#fm83245