Report Abuse

Is there any EFFECTIVE way to dump a wyndham timeshare...???

[Q=jefff382]my girlfriends parents have 4 of them and they are not in such a good spot right now. When or if something happens to them because of deed there kids will have to take over and each one... What exactly would you suggest they do? To me the only viable option i see for them is an exit company...I actually contacted another one called Wesley Financial group I do look forward to any other option you may have, which I don't believe exist at this point, but welcome it for sure.[/Q] A few things here. First, if something happens to your girlfriend's parents, their kids are not responsible for the timeshares. That is a huge myth that these exit companies try to scare people with. No one is forced to accept an unwanted timeshare. Secondly, I suggest you search these forums for threads about Wesley financial Group. They have been little more than a scam. You can also check out threads of Timeshare Users Group (aka "TUG"; tugbbs.com) and read threads about WFG and other exit companies. As for any other "exit", "cancel" or "relief" company the story is all the same with them. If they are legit (which very few are), they will charge clients like your girlfriend's parents thousands of dollars to do something they can do themselves. If your GF's parents want to get rid of their units, here are a few suggestions. Are the maintenance fees up to date and the mortgages paid off? If not, then there will be challenges getting rid of these that no exit company can help with. If they are paid off, then these parents have a couple of options. First, contact the resort's Homeowners' Association (preferably in writing) and explain the situation. Say that they will not be paying any more maintenance fees and that it would be in everyone's best interests for the HOA to take the unit back amicably. The HOA might ask your GF's parents to pay closing costs and possibly the next maintenance fee, but this will be a lot cheaper than paying any of these exit companies. Another option would be to just stop paying maintenance fees altogether but then your GF's parents would possibly face a credit hit and a host of annoying collection calls and letters. Eventually, the resort's HOA will foreclose and repossess. Also, they can try listing their unit(s) for give away here on RedWeek in the Bargain Basement section. They can also list it on sites such as E-Bay, Craigslist, My Resort Network, or TUG. TUG has a Bargain Deals section that allows owners to list for free that they want to give their units away. They can offer to pay the closing costs and maybe even the next maintenance fee. Again, this will work out cheaper than paying any of these exit companies.