Report Abuse

Re: Is there any EFFECTIVE way to dump a wyndham timeshare...???

Well if you, your girlfriend's parents, your cousins (or anyone else) want to pay thousands of dollars upfront to a company to do something you can do yourself for a lot less, then that's your money and your prerogative. You and other timeshare owners are free to do what you want with your money. I've just been pointing out that many of these exit companies are scams. It's been well-documented here on RedWeek and you can also check this out on Timeshare Users Group (aka "TUG";tugbbs.com). Just peruse through many of these threads about companies like Castle Law Group. Also, if you check out threads on here and TUG, you will read of many success stories where owners have given their units away to other takers or have successfully used the resorts' and timeshare companies' respective surrender programs to give their units back without the cost or "help" of these exit companies. I will ask this again which no one seems to be able to answer. What will these exit companies do that an owner cannot do for himself? If the timeshare company or resort says to an owner, "No, we will not take your unit back under any circumstances," then to whom will the exit company transfer ownership of the unit? So if you want to pay some questionable exit company thousands of dollars to maybe accomplish something that you can do yourself, then that's your money and your risk. However, I will continue to advise people who come on these boards and are looking to shed their units of many other cheaper options so they don't have to waste thousands of dollars. And by the way, you continue to criticize Don P for giving similar advice. Maybe you missed the dozens of times he has come on here and pointed out that he got rid of some units by simply contacting the resort and telling them that he was going to get rid of these one way or another. The resorts accepted. So that's coming "from the horse's mouth".