Report Abuse

Re: Is there any EFFECTIVE way to dump a wyndham timeshare...???

Just to add to Lance's post . I was determined to make getting rid of my timeshares my priority . I made many phone calls to the resorts and made sure I got a hold of the right person that handles these matters . I prepared my pitch ahead of time . I was ready for any arguments they might have . I started out by informing them that I was going to get the deeds transferred out of my name and it was in their best interest to work with me . I informed them that I had no obligation to assure them that the next owner would continue to pay the annual maintenance fees and assessments . Apparently it worked and I was rid of the two timeshares in less than two weeks . The process was quick and inexpensive . I have copies of the two quit claim deeds and I haven't paid maintenance fees or assessments since 2011 . After the transactions were finalized I sent gift cards to each of the ladies that assisted me with the paperwork . You yourself may not be good at negotiating but you might have a friend or family member that can call on your behalf . Trust me it's worth the effort . Talk it over with your family and friends and make it your priority to rid yourself of a lifetime of ever increasing maintenance fees and assessment without becoming a victim of scammers. If anyone has success negotiating their own exit please come back to the forum and share your experience with the rest of us . I am so grateful for my success that I devote time each week to help others through the forums .