Report Abuse

Re: Does the location matter?

Lance is correct . I have a timeshare in Las Vegas that I won't give up for anything . I only use it to go there and not to exchange . I just went there in May for a great vacation . I have never had a problem booking my week and if I'm not using it it rents out everytime . I also had two that I used for exchanging . I got rid of them in 2011 because of corporate greed . The maintenance fees jumped every year and exchanging became very difficult because the resorts were renting out the prime weeks on the open market denying owners those weeks . In my opinion the timeshare industry has become a pariah using maintenance fees for profit . The original principle for time sharing was to collect enough fees to support the timeshare and some for reserve . The board of managers served for no pay and there was no profit . Along came corporate greed and the point system . Now maintenance fees go to profits rather than just maintenance . There are a few rare gems out there like the one I own in Las Vegas . It can't be sold to a corporation because parts of it are privately owned . My advice is to only buy weeks not points and only to use the resort where you own .