Report Abuse

Re: Is TUG Helpful?

Not related to TUG, but to the desirability of timeshares with the general public, people are turned off by the copious rules at TS resorts, IMHO: "Minimum age check-in: Minimum age check-in is 21. No Pets. Please contact the resort directly regarding its ADA/general service animal policy. No smoking in units: could result in forfeiture of the unit and/or other penalties. No trailers , No RV parking , No large vehicle parking , Limited parking onsite , No boat parking" - - - - - - & FWIW, don't let those who do not like Craigslist discourage you from using CL. It has always worked well for me/us, for TS and everything else, from free stuff to $75000 stuff, both acquiring and getting rid of. Spammers are easy to spot, and easier to ignore. For instance, did you know that you can right-click on a photo in a CL ad, and select "Search Google for image", and see if that same photo is posted anywhere else on the Internet? So, when suspicious wording or pricing clues you, do that, and find the same ad all around the country. Since I just initiated a very friendly conversation with a complete stranger who responded to my SW FL vacation rental ad, I have initiated quite a few friendly conversations with complete strangers that I've met on CL. Granted, there's been a jerk or three, but to tie into this thread, I've met more unfriendly strangers on TUG than on CL. (insert winkie-smilie here)