RTU and Deed

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: RTU and Deed (by Don P.):

A deeded week means you can go to your resort every year . You own it and are committed to pay maintenance fees and assessments until you get the title out of your name . A Right to Use you own nothing and will be bound by the contract you sign with the resort .

I still own a deeded week on the Las Vegas strip right next to Bellagio . I love it and I go there almost every year . I keep a week banked in case I want to spend more than one week there any given year . My week is also a floating week so I can use it anytime they have availability . I usually go off season in the fall and have never had a problem booking my week . They treat owners like royalty there . It's funny because every time I go to register at the desk they know me by name and always have my room already reserved for me . I guess it pays to be a regular guest and I always take care of the staff when I go there .

Make sure you do your homework before you sign any paperwork . There are still a lot of good independent resorts . Never buy points . You will be at the mercy of the resort to get a reservation and if you read through the forum you will see many instances of people not getting the resort or the week they want .