Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Getting rid of a time share. (by Elsa S.):

phill12 wrote:
I would be shocked to find these companies ever transfer condo's into their name. I have heard stories of people doing this and few years later there being sued for back mf and taxes because the company never sold and would not pay these fee's.

That would be illegal as there is a contract that states in no uncertain terms the the property will be transfered to Timeshare Relief. If they were pulling that kind of scam they wouldn't be in business very long.

I'm still not getting what the problem with them selling timeshares on ebay is presuming that's even true. I'm not inclined to trust the TUG people much as most all of them are deeply imbedded in the Timeshare Industry in one way or another. How is it that they know who these ebay sellers are? Wouldn't they have to be pretty intimate with TSR to acquire that information? Something doesn't add up. The fact that they have a bone to pick with a company that shines a spotlight on the shady business practices of the timeshare industry immediately makes me suspect as there is ample evidence to suggest that a number of them are in bed with it. Just my two cents.

I'm not vehemently opposed to timeshares and I realize there are some great ones but traversing the timeshare world is tricky and most people get burned. It's an expensive mistake no matter how you look at it.