Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Getting rid of a time share. (by Marie M.):

Elsa wrote: "I'm still not getting what the problem with them selling timeshares on ebay presuming that's even true. I'm not inclined to trust the TUG people much as most all of them are deeply imbedded in the Timeshare Industry in one way or another. How is it that they know who these ebay sellers are?"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TUG members have bought weeks on Ebay from certain sellers. In doing their "due diligence" during the transfer of ownership process, they can determine the name, address, and phone number of the former owner. Contact with these people reveals that they paid companies like TSR to rid them of the timeshare. The "Ebay names" of the sellers are then shared with other TUG members so that they can be on the lookout for a good timeshare resale deal in the future if they are interested in buying another timeshare week, or 2, or 3... I have personally added several of these Ebay sellers to my "favorite sellers" list and receive Email notification anytime they list a new item.

Since we already own 15 weeks, I'm not really interested in buying any more. But when I see a prime week available at a resort considered to be very desirable, I pass the info on to the 200+ members of the owners group I run as an UNPAID VOLUNTEER. And TUG members share the info too. That's why so many of us are very happy timeshare owners. We have done a lot of research, have determined which timeshare weeks and resorts meet our individual needs, and then buy them resale at a bargain price. We'd be much happier buying directly from the owners, though, instead of through TSR and similar companies.