Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Getting rid of a time share. (by Elsa S.):

So if Timeshare Relief is selling properties that list for a $1 on eBay then it makes sense that they would charge a fee to take a property off of someone's hands right? Here's my thinking based on what's being said here. Tell me if I'm off base. Timeshare Relief acquires a property and charges a fee in doing so. Then, as claimed here they list the property on eBay for a $1. It sits for how long? Days, weeks, months, years? Whatever maintenance fees are due continue to be due but now they are Timeshare Relief's responsibility. So, if a property doesn't sell then that fee or some portion thereof covers these costs. In the end, how much of a profit do they turn? Obviously some - they are a business after all and that's what businesses do. We can't fault them for running a business. The question is, is the the fee they charge so completely unreasonable? Under the circumstances described, not really. Like any business there are associated costs. In this case, some of them quite high. Am I wrong?