Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

How to rent your unit at the last minute (by John F.):

I find that newspaper advertising gets very expensive compared to the boards like here, vacationtimesharerentals.com and myresortnetwork.com.

The TUG2 is an OK posting site. Does your owner's association have a web site with postings, often that is the best, about 1 in 5 resorts have them.

phill12 wrote:
maryd108 wrote:
maryr9 wrote:
Any suggestions about how to advertise or drop the price to rent a few weeks before the rental period? I would like to rent my unit in Puerto Rico for $500 but also I would be interested in renting from others at discounted prices at the last minute

Hi Maryr, i have the same problem. I have a unit for rent on Sanibel Island FL for first two weeks of MArch. (Interested? Take a look at my posting!) I had it rented on Redweek but the deal feel through for personal reasons on renters side. I had it off the market for crucial weeks. Now I am adding local ad in Sanibel paper, local ad in our Pennysaver etc. There is also another sight called VRBO that some on REdweek have recommended. Hope this helps. I will check out your rental! mary

A very good place and it is free is Craig's List. List it in your area and also on CL in area of the timeshare with good price. We have rented off the Sacramento Ca CL before and also sold daughters car when we gave her new car. Remember first rule on any of these sites is be careful and do your homework! Make sure you mark for e-mails to go through CLand they will forward to you. This way you can contact only the ones you want.

GOOD LUCK!