Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Re: Re: Re: Mexican Timeshare Solutions is a Scam (by KC):

ricardon24 wrote:
Even though it is a right of use, it is not enough to stop paying for it to be canceled, since the service provider will not stop earning the maintenance fee, at least to pressure it will include you in the credit bureau and that can damage your credit history. I hope it was as simple as stopping paying to cancel the membership.

"Mexican Lawyer" (quoted above) may or may not actually be a lawyer. My own doubts about that aside, I will merely note that, over the years, it is very rare for there to be any negative credit report consequences for those who simply stop paying the fees on Mexican RTU contracts.

There is no ownership of anything in a Mexican RTU contract. For all intents and purposes, a Mexican RTU contract is nothing more than a "membership" with annual fee obligations. Those who stop paying those annual fees will be in breach of contract and will obviously lose both their initial "investment" and their future use of that RTU "membership", but usually nothing more. It's just not worth the bother at the Mexican end to pursue any further action for non payment of fees; there are plenty of other Gringos ready to come along, pony up their money and sign on the dotted line.