Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: first time renting our timeshare (by Sharrese D.):

carries25 wrote:
sharresed wrote:
Here is an update as to what has happened. We paid the deposit in Dec. It was through paypal, and my husband was SUPPOSE to put it through the credit card. Turns out he accidently clicked the wrong button and it came out o our checking account. Additionally, paypal is my husbands thing and he never told me that paypal only allows 45 days for a dispute. If my husband relayed this info to me I would have checked on it within that time.

Also...I tracked down what city he was from and called the police( I only had 2 disconnected phone #'s and his name, used the internet). He is unfortunalely now deceased, passed away at the end of Jan!! Also his name was known to the police because I was not the only one. I wrote to customer service here at Red Week, and they too have recieved other complaints. I do know that Red Week has nothing to do with this at all. He responded to my ad and I was too lax.

He may be dead, but his estate isn't. Check in to filing against an estate, including your deposit and your expenses. Check in to putting a lien against the subject property, too. That way, it can't be sold without paying you off.

If you think this is a lot of trouble, just think of it as a learning experience, Reimbursement 101. You never know when it will become handy in the future.

Hi Carrie, First of all Redweek has let me know that he had been doing this since Aug2006. There had been a woman who had called a resort to see that her name was on the reservation and it was. When she called to check again, her name was gone. So he was a scammer. Aslo when I talked to the police in his town, he said that this guy didn't appear to have much. I looked up his obituary and saw that he he has a wife, kids and grandkids. He called probate court and there has not been a probate case opened as yet. Of he owned anthing at all he would have goen to his wife after his death.