Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Question on Fairfield week and RCI points (by Eric B.):

If your Wyndham resort is affiliated with the RCI points program then you can deposit your week with RCI and RCI will give you RCI points for your exchange. If you don't use your timeshare and wish to just be rid of it, then you might want to consider donation of the timeshare. Last option would to be renting your time at your home resort if your not using it. That way you wont be eating all those maintenance fees.

kathym52 wrote:
I own a fixed week at a Fairfield resort.

I rarely use it, rent it or trade it. It's basically a drag on my pocketbook. I let my RCI membership lapse because we weren't using that either.

I'd like to change it into points but Fairfield wants a hefty fee to convert and I'm not in the mood to be throwing vast quantities of good money after bad.

Is it true that if I rejoin RCI I can convert my fixed week to points to trade? Points would be more useful with our travelling style.

I don't really understand how this all works and would appreciate some info. Thanks.