Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Re: Re: Vida Vacations & Grand Mayan lies (by Renee P.):

We were literally held hostage in the sales room for many hours. Each closer drawing the 12 rectangles on the notepad telling you how your 1 week can bring in so much rental income. We were fortunate to buy there 20 plus years ago. When we bought it wasn’t even built. There were 4 model units Mayan palace and a big hole dug where the big pool was going. We bought a 1 week lock off for $6500. We negotiated red time and no maintenance fees unless we go. Over the years we did some upgrades. Obviously when you want to it’s great. As owners we went from Mayan palace to grand Mayan. Then to grand bliss. Other small upgrades as well: Then we were all set. However one time (the last time we went) we didn’t want to. They hunted us down to do the presentation. We said no. I had already had issues as an owner simply trying to book the grand bliss (they didn’t build enough of them) so we were down graded to grand Mayan with a pass that let us use the bliss facilities: they made me beg for a room in the first 5 building on the second floor. Took them 1/2 hour to make that happen. I stood at the desk telling them I will not budge as an owner. (They clearly don’t respect those that have already purchased). Eventually the room I wanted materialized. Back to them harassing us to do the “presentation”…. We were badgered so much we finally agreed. BIG BIG BIG MISTAKE!!! We told person number 1 don’t waste your time we have kids in college and we have upgraded numerous times. We are all set. She took that as a challenge. We went through 5 closers. The 5th one a lovely woman said what will it take to make this upgrade work. We laughed. It was at $15,000 My husband was so fed up and many hours had gone by. It’s the equivalent to mental torture. My husband scribbled the dollar sign out and made the 1 a dollar sign. He said $5000. For grand luxxe Which we don’t even want because their pool area is ugly. The woman takes the offer goes away and when she returns she said your offer has been accepted congratulations!!! Shook our hands and said she was going to get our ids do the contract so we could leave. We were in shock. Truly thought she would come back say sorry and we could leave: She doesn’t come back. We sat there for 1/2 hour and nothing. Then this American man came to the table and said “ our insulting offer was NOT accepted and that he would get our ids because we were rude and needed to leave immediately “!! My husband lost it. He said we wanted to leave hours ago: we are owners here. This is a shakedown and disgusting. I left to go to the front desk. On the way I started to realize we lost an entire day of our vacation to this nonsense. We go to escape and relax. Unacceptable!!! I got to the desk and got really emotional. Nervous breakdown crying… they couldn’t console me. They (the front desk people felt bad). They are awful at check in but this this was beyond comprehension. Management called an hour later. They bought us dinner and told us we had the rest of the week to decide if we wanted to upgrade. The new offer they were willing to accept was $6200 for the grand luxe. We waited till the day we were leaving to decline. I have not gone back since.