Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Buying from internet auctions (by Kenneth K.):

jayjay wrote:
I agree that performing due diligence and homework before bidding is necessary whether it be a $1.00 timeshare or a $10,000 timeshare.

As kekouri said, you do have to consider maintenance fees, however, and even though I don't condone postcard companiess, there are many people that DO buy the $1 timeshares on Ebay as is evidenced on other forums.

Jay- If you watch the names of the bidders (if open), you can see many names that are listed on the tug, redweek, myresortnetwork sites that are big time renters.

They buy for less that 250 and have learned to figure out how to rent their weeks (like on here) for a (hopefully) bit of return over the maint fees.....or they buy cheap FF/Wyndham points and add it to their collection ( or other point systems) and get a good week and then rent.

If no rent. they post the week on the 45 day distressed boards for $300 a week and get something back (maybe).

I still have no idea why those Weston weeks have such a hard time with resales. Some lie, and say Ft Laud, (hoping the mark will bite,) but the ocean is still over 20+ miles away.