Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Re: My timeshare is paid in full, but I just don't want it anymore (by Lance C.):

rayh204 wrote:
What are my options for getting out of the deeded contract?

Is the insurance repairing the place or will the insurance buy out the place?

Regardless, here are the usual "options for getting out of the deeded contract".

First and foremost, do not hire any company, law firm, or charity that supposedly gets you out of your contract. They might have comforting words in their names such as exit, relief, and/or cancel. But these are scams.

You can try listing your unit for sale or giveaway on a reputable timeshare-related website such as here on RedWeek, E-Bay, My Resort Network, or Timeshare Users Group (aka "TUG"; tugbbs.com).

You can contact the resort's Homeowners' Association and ask if it will take the unit back. In some cases the HOA will accept units back if they're paid off but might also charge a transfer fee.

If all else fails, just stop paying maintenance fees and let it go into foreclosure. You might face a bunch of annoying collection calls and letters. You might also face a hit to your credit score or rating.